Stars Over Artda
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let war find me, only under the stars. - Agminnon V

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Request: Images of the Northwest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Master
Admin
The Master

Request: Images of the Northwest Empty
PostSubject: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 9:33 am

Hey guys

Please use this thread to suggest images for the northwest of Artda. I will use these to add an image for a town, realm, etc. In the wiki and as a jumping point when we collaborate on worldbuilding

Images are a powerful way to get the vibe of a place. Here's what I'm looking for for the northwest:

The Northwest is a harsh frontier land that is barely tamed by her rulers. Icy mountain ranges, dark valleys, and dense evergreen forests choke the land, leaving precious little room for settlement and cultivation. The people of Ost are hearty, spartan folk... and excessive finery is looked upon as wasteful and weak.

When providing images, classical and realistic fantasy or medieval images are preferred. "Anime"-style images are pretty off-brand for Artda, but may be ok in some cases.

The northwest can draw inspiration from the lands of The Witcher 3 and Skyrim, both of which fit the landscape pretty well. Nordic images, Viking art, and some game of thrones stuff (winterfell and the north mostly) would do well.

There are plenty of wolves, trolls and orcs of course. Feel free to define and add pictures of monsters you feel would be neat for the setting

The darklands of Kurn are a little different. The most obvious analogy would be something akin to mordor, however kurn is a diverse place of many different warbands, barbarian tribes and monstrous communities. There is plenty of civilization, and there are even bastions of reasonably civil folk just trying to get by. Images of a frigid, grey, badlands-ish place studded with rare, Perhaps even sinister looking beautiful vistas and landmarks is the feel.

Just share a link or host the image here

Cheers

-The Master
Back to top Go down
https://starsoverartda.forumotion.com
Syrillian

Syrillian

PostSubject: Re: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Request: Images of the Northwest 518496c37b326d08f73ede15945e312f Something like this?

Request: Images of the Northwest Viking_village_by_g_freeman200-d4bcj55

Request: Images of the Northwest 531452-andreas-rocha-artwork-barbarian-cage-castles-fantasy-art-fortress-landscapes-mountains-snow-vikings-warriors-winter
Maybe a gateway to the darklands beyond the mountains?

Last edited by Syrillian on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Syrillian

Syrillian

PostSubject: Re: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Request: Images of the Northwest 671726b3873b38b667177209eeda9675

An Evergreen
Back to top Go down
Coyote

Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 6:30 am

The Northwest:

Request: Images of the Northwest Juan-novelletto-viking-statues

Request: Images of the Northwest Last_guest_by_skvor-d8onnil

Request: Images of the Northwest 5561cb16f8f4ad2b19d0607305a44c2a

Request: Images of the Northwest Heurot_by_peteamachree

Request: Images of the Northwest Frogster_game_concept_05_by_memod-d59og65

Request: Images of the Northwest Shamans_journey_env1_by_ewkn

Request: Images of the Northwest Deep_woods_by_ewkn
Back to top Go down
Coyote

Coyote

PostSubject: Re: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2016 6:39 am

The Darklands:

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_mxne5uohcE1ra8v4mo1_500

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_nfxjioQDVk1tv3g49o1_540

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_mj3epwu46R1qj6xplo1_500

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_m79o25EGVX1qa4z88o1_500

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_n6axhxkNTV1qhttpto3_1280

Request: Images of the Northwest Hongqi-zhang-the-forest

Request: Images of the Northwest C0ba95996f832b58dda019d05410a49f

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_oiwqht1po21uufoudo1_1280

Request: Images of the Northwest Tumblr_ofdgzlFs371uufoudo2_1280

Request: Images of the Northwest Roberto_Robert_15b
Back to top Go down
Rholf Rhosgor

Rholf Rhosgor

PostSubject: Re: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request: Images of the Northwest   Request: Images of the Northwest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request: Images of the Northwest
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stars Over Artda :: The Master's Forge-
Jump to: